Expectations for setup, teardown and clean up
The following expectations are applied to every group utilizing our meeting spaces. All groups take on this as part of their stewardship to the Parish. Follow the philosophy of leaving it cleaner then when you came! In general, facility staff will setup and teardown tables and chairs for your event as long as your needs for setup are provided at least a week in advance. Facility staff does not set tables and chairs in the north or south pod of the School building.
• If requested by the facility staff, committee volunteers will provide assistance in setting up tables and placing them: must be lifted, not dragged across the floor
• If requested by facility staff, committee volunteers will setup all chairs: placed, not dragged
• Setup any decorations: USING BLUE TAPE ONLY!, NEVER duct tape, regular transparent tape or double stick tape! These leave residue and are difficult to remove! THANKS!
• Clean surfaces of tables and chairs with cleansing solution found in kitchen mop room
• If requested by the facility staff, committee volunteers will provide assistance in taking down tables and placing them in storage
• If requested by the facility staff, committee volunteers will stack chairs on carts (again, NO dragging stacks) and return all chairs to storage
• Cleanup any decorations including attachment devices
• Wet mop as necessary, especially around drink dispensing area
• Take trash out to service yard dumpster located through the kitchen on north side of church
• Reline trash bins with trash bags located in kitchen storage closet
• Recycling to recycling dumpsters: PLEASE help the recycling effort; it is free, trash service is expensive
• Clean all equipment used for the event: steam tables, ovens, prep tables, coffee maker, big coolers, etc.
• Sweep & wet mop the kitchen floor
• Remove unused items from Fridge or Freezer (please refer to signs on freezer regarding options for food donations)
If you need assistance or have any questions during setup, teardown or cleanup, please contact the on-duty facility staff. Phones are located in all event/meeting spaces and the cell phone numbers of staff are posted for your convenience.
Thank you for kind attention and assistance.